how it works
newplatform.art creates a symbiotic relationship between artist, art school and commercial organisation. newplatform.art manages this three-way relationship to result in tangible outcomes and life-changing legacies.
For art graduates
The launch of newplatform.art comes at a time where funding cuts and a lack of creative opportunities mean artists are finding it increasingly difficult to sustain and evolve their practice upon graduation. By participating in newplatform.art, commercial and other organisations select final year artists of promise from one or more partner art schools. Selected art graduates will be:
- invited to show work in the organisation for one year
- awarded a financial grant to display their work
- offered a programme of professional development workshops, creative entrepreneurship opportunities and individual pro bono support during the year that their work is on display at the corporate’s offices
- offered the potential opportunity to participate in a commission-free auction at the end of the year
- exposed to new audiences and gain an understanding of the corporate sector thereby experiencing new potential markets.
For art schools
Art schools are under pressure to attract the best talent and to provide real value and opportunity from their courses. By participating in the newplatform.art programme, art schools will:
- receive increased exposure as part of an innovative, national scheme
- develop industry links and more extensive supporter networks
- increase and showcase tangible professional development commitments.
For businesses and corporate organisations
newplatform.art provides commercial organisations with a dynamic, changing art collection, without the responsibility of ownership of a permanent collection, and a sustainable CSR programme which engages staff and clients. newplatform.art provides the structure, support and logistics to enable commercial organisations to display, support and engage.